How we’re responding to coronavirus COVID-19?
- Home How we’re responding to coronavirus COVID-19?
CONTACTLESS SERVICE – We’ve taken steps to make sure we’re ready if you need us
UPDATED 8th June 2020.
We are proud to announce we are now Covid Secure Safer Trader trained and certified.
All UKCC Auto Techs independent technicians have carried out Safer Trader COVID 19 Awareness Training and passed the exam. Each member is Certified and certificates can be verified at www.safertrader.co.uk should you wish to check. This training is fully in line with NHS and Government Guidelines to ensure it is current & effective.
If any of our Agents show any signs of COVID 19 they are instructed to remain at home and self-isolate for 14 days or the current NHS recommended time.
If any Agent is living with anyone with COVID 19 symptoms they need to self-isolate for 14 days or the current NHS recommended time.
The first priority of all our Agents is to ensure the safety and confidence of our customers. Before carrying out any work we carry out a comprehensive check of the customers’ situation from which we decide if it is safe to come along and work on a vehicle. This is done on the phone to minimise person to person contact.
Due to the current situation and in line with guidelines we have adopted some new practices that are designed to minimise the risk of COVID 19 transmission as much as is humanly possible while still delivering an effective, reliable and cost-effective service for our valued customers
Prior to work:
- All Agents ensure the clothing or overall they are wearing are fresh every day.
- All workwear and overalls are washed every day at a temperature of over 60 Degrees Centigrade to ensure any potential pathogens are destroyed.
- Personal Temperature checks are carried out every day before leaving for work and anybody with a temperature of over 37.8 degrees centigrade or is presenting with any other COVID 19 symptoms must stay at home and self-isolate for 14 days.
- This may affect our ability to carry out our planned work. If this affects your job we will contact you immediately and aim to rearrange the job as quickly and safely as possible.
Getting to site
- Wherever practical our Agent will travel alone to the site of a job.
- Where a vehicle is shared it will be cleaned thoroughly before and after the journey. Agents will sit as far apart as is safe and passengers will not face each other. The windows will be lowered to ensure clean air circulation.
- Wherever possible we only have any distanced contact with just one business or householder on site
- We request that anyone on-site is wearing protective gloves and a face mask if possible.
- Distancing is requested and even using phones on-site communicate is possible especially if there are very high-risk people in the property.
- We request all payments via electronic transfer and if not, the cash put in a bag which we pick up once the customer is at least 2m away.
- Clients are requested to stay away from all our Agent for safety reasons.
- Clients are requested not to offer food or drink to our Agent.
- Clients are requested to disinfect the cabin of their vehicles steering wheels, dashboard, door handles, surface etc prior to our arrival..
- Where possible doors to be left open to minimise touching of handles
- Any deliveries or visitors to be arranged outside our attendance if possible
On the Job
- The Agent will stay at least 2m apart wherever the situation reasonably allows, is safe and permits effective operations.
- The Agents will not share tools if possible.
- The Agent will wear protective gloves and face masks if the job requires this.
- Safety shoes or boots will be worn at all times.
- Other task-related PPE will be worn in line with H&S regulation.
- The Agent will wash their hands before and after eating or use sanitizer if freshwater and soap are not available.
- The Agent will not smoke on a customer’s premises.
- Closing the job
Payments will be made as above
- All tools, plant, and other equipment will be removed by the Agent
- The working area will be cleaned and disinfected by the Agent.
- Other areas should be safely cleaned by the customer.
After the job
- Should any Agent develop any COVID 19 symptoms within 7 days after the end of the job they will contact all clients that they have been in contact with and inform them as such.
- Clients must immediately inform us if anyone on the premises gets a high temperature or displays any other signs of COVID 19 in the 7 days after the end of the job.
- These procedures have been implemented for the safety and wellbeing of our customers, Agents, staff and their families.
These procedures are fully in line with current NHS & Government Guidelines at the time of publication.
This starts with the current advice of social distancing and we ask kindly that all our clients respect this government directive as well. It is recommended during our technicians visit that they are left alone to complete the work thus reducing any risk of potentially spreading the virus should it be present.
In addition, our technicians will wear disposable gloves. They will use antibacterial wipes or antibacterial spray with paper roll (such as Kitchen roll or Blue roll) to wipe your vehicle key, door handles, steering wheel and gear stick prior to commencing any work. At the end of the job a repeat antibacterial wipe down of any door handles and interior components the technician has touched on your vehicle will be completed. Finally, all tools and diagnostics equipment that have been used will be cleaned in preparation for the next job.
What happens next?
Our planning is constantly being updated in line with the latest advice from the government and the NHS as we monitor the situation. We’ll continue to update this page with further information as and when required.